Monday, July 6, 2015

31 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 4

DAY - 4 What Am I Afraid Of?

Hey Everyone, I’m back with another blog challenge. I’ve given a great deal of thought to this. We all have fears, right... some people have phobias which can be pretty extreme, there is fear of going to the doctor, fear of heights, commitment, the loss of a parent or child is a frightening thought, even the loss of a job can conjure up fears. I honestly try not to give much thought to my fears, mainly because they are debilitating. Straight away I give my concerns to our Lord.

Throughout the day, our enemy Satan is constantly throwing his fiery darts at us, trying to get us to lose focus of what is truly important. He knows that we can't walk in faith if we are in constant fear of what "might happen" or "has happened" for that matter. Fear keeps us from being our all and giving our all for Christ. If I thought on it long enough, I'm pretty sure I could give you a list of 20 or more things that I'm afraid of, but I'm not going to do that to myself and you shouldn't either. Instead, let us put our trust in our Lord Jesus, He is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). He has a purpose and a plan for our lives; so whatever your fears or concerns may be, give them to God. 


The only fear Christians should maintain is reverential fear... love, respect and honor to Almighty God.

Psalm 23: 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (NIV)

Psalm 27: 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? (NIV)

Psalm 34: 4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. (NIV)

Psalm 118: 6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? (NIV)

Matthew 10: 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (NIV)

Romans 8: 15 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, ""Abba," Father." (NIV)

Ephesians 6: 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. (NKJV)


1 Peter 3: 13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." (NIV)

Until Next Time... Love & Blessings xo

No comments:

Post a Comment