Sunday, February 1, 2015

JOURNEY... DAY 2

Why am I doing this? Spiritual Growth-to be closer to Jesus… Mental Stability-to be focused on what God would have me to do… Physical Wellbeing-to be healthy and used by God for a long time… Financial Stewardship-manage my money better and pay off a debt… Emotionally Thoughtful-be more attentive towards others and a better listener… Giftings-know my purpose and use my gifts for Gods glory.

How am I doing this fast, prayer, meditation? There are lots of books on fasting, I have one or two myself, but I’m not using it as a guide; I’m letting Holy Spirit guide me. The one thing I don’t want to do is get caught up in a set of rules of how to fast because then for me, it becomes too stressful. You have the veggie fast, the water fast, the fruits and veggie fast, the morning fast, the evening fast, 3-day fast, 7-day fast, 40-day fast, 80-day fast; and so on and so on.



In my opinion there is no set way to fast, you just have to figure out what works for you because the main objective is to spend quality time with God, listening more than talking and to do it successfully so you will want to do it again. Who wants to do a fast if it’s difficult; I know you may be thinking “isn’t that the point of doing it, because it’s hard and you want to bring your flesh under submission”. Well my flesh may have been submitting but my mind hadn’t. In the past I’ve done 3-7 day fasts (no food, just water) after the first two days it got easier, but it wasn’t something I would be willing to do for 40 days and truthfully; I was just ready for it to be over with, my mind was consumed with thoughts of hamburgers. The last few months of 2014 and January of this year, I failed miserably at my fasts; the “traditional” way was not working for me.

What am I doing differently? I’m listening to my body… YES, I said listening to my body and allowing Holy Spirit to lead this fast. Basically, I’m just easing into my fast… It is still a 40-Day Journey and Fast, but I decided not to do it “cold-turkey” because that turkey will turn into some Popeye’s Chicken real quick. I’m doing it this way so that by the 5th-7th day, I should be totally and completely on all liquids. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion only, this may not work for you. 

Yesterday, I had about 59 oz. of water, skinny cow latte (coffee), 8 oz. of Chai Tea, and a 10 oz. can of cream of chicken soup (add water to it and it makes 2 servings). I read scripture verses from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (The Events of Life), I also put together 3 Christian playlists for a friend, and I did a little crocheting.

That night, around 1:45 am, I began to feel some anxiety and had to get up; my hips were hurting and my breathing seemed a little off (just a little bit). I quickly realized, I need a new mattress for sure and that the sodium content for the soup was 420 per serving, so if I eat anymore can soup, it will only be one serving. So, that's how things went yesterday... talk to you tomorrow.

Love & Blessings




No comments:

Post a Comment