Saturday, January 31, 2015

I'M ON A JOURNEY... BUT WHO ISN'T

Can you believe that today is the 31st, the last day of January… already. Time waits for no one… that’s got to be written somewhere in the book of Ecclesiastes. When I started this blog back in August-September 2013, it was mainly because the Lord impressed it upon my heart to do so; honestly, I still don’t fully know why… and I don’t have to, it’s a journey. Today will be DAY 1 OF A 40 DAY JOURNEY. Every day is a journey, but I’ve set aside these 40 days for a specific reason… fasting, prayer and meditation (quality time with God and His Word). (PAUSE)




While I was in the middle of writing this, a relative showed up, she came all the way from Maryland to Madison, GA for a funeral… she is 49 years old, she drove with 4 children that are in between Kindergarten and Seventh Grade; the trip took between 7- 8 hours because of the traffic and they stopped to rest a little bit. She was telling me that in October of last year she had surgery to remove a brain tumor that was behind her eye, she showed me a picture of the MRI/ CAT Scan (not sure which one or if I’m even saying it right), it was a pretty big mass… they were able to remove most of it, but not all of if, thankfully it was benign; she had taken radiation treatment because it was still growing. She also showed me her post surgery pic; she had metal staples in her head that formed a horse shoe shape (it was 37 staples, I believe). She’s still experiencing shooting nerve pain in her head, but she is very jovial, to look at her, you wouldn't have thought that she had gone through something as major as brain surgery.

You know it was a week or so ago that there was a fatality on one of the streets I travel on from time to time. This is one of my least favorite roads to travel, it has deep curves. I was told that a log truck lost control and a woman was killed, just like that. And on January 1st I attended the funeral of an elderly family friend and it was after the funeral, that her sister and brother-in-law was in a car accident and the man died, just like that. This was the same man that would visit my dad when he was in town. It was not my intention to say all that, but it was worth saying.

This journey we call life has a beginning and an ending; conception to death; ups and downs, ebbs and flows, tears of joy, tears of sorrow; so we need to make the most of each day, make it count for the glory of God. For those of us who are in Christ, He is our saving Grace, it’s our faith mingled with His faith that keeps us from losing our minds when the uncontrollable happens. It’s His Word that sustains us, carries us through those difficult pilgrimages.

During this 40 Day Journey, I expect for my flesh to act up, become irritated, agitated, frustrated because it can’t have its way. I expect a deeper and closer fellowship with my Lord, I expect God to reveal some things to me, so for the next 40 consecutive days; I will keep you posted.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; 3 A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; 7 A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; 8 A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.

Love & Blessings xo





No comments:

Post a Comment