Monday, January 19, 2015

BE AWARE!

Hey Everyone,

How appropriate that I'm making this post on Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. If we're not careful we will fall back into old unwarranted habits. Dr. King stood for a lot of things, integrity, family, dignity, civil rights, non-violence; but he couldn't have stood in any of it without Jesus. His legacy will continue to live on and we mustn't forget how far Christ has brought us through this man's leadership. God has placed a dream, a desire, and a purpose within us and it's left up to us to find out what that is. The only way to do that is to seek His Kingdom and His Righteousness. I'm feeling inspired today... my passion is coming back.

It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged… reason being, procrastination. That word procrastination is of the Devil, lol. It is a very nice, politically correct way of not saying "lazy". In my mind, I was trying not to be lazy, but it was the only thing I kept putting into action. I had it really bad this past year, I wasn't depressed or anything like that, I did a lot of crocheting (I had quite a few customers for my first year, yay!). I really enjoy being a School Bus Driver. The kids on the bus have been really good, they have their moments, but they are so short lived, I never stress about it. My holiday breaks were long, peaceful and always welcomed. My family life is real good. That "thing" that use to annoy me, doesn't get next to me anymore. Praise God! So, how and why did I fall into laziness? I don't know, but it proves that things don't have to be bad for it to happen. "I don't feel like it or I don't want to" became my vernacular (language).



My procrastination list: me, not going to Sunday School (the last few months of the year, I didn’t really go and I love Sunday School); I kinda stop going to Intercessory Prayer and during church service my mind would be on other things (not focused on Jesus, worshipping Him); Oh, and I’m responsible for the upkeep (the cleaning) of the church and I wasn’t consistent, my attitude was like, “whatever, if I do-I do; if I don’t-I don’t”... I know, awful right. Oh, and seven months of not working out, I gained back 12 of the 30+ pounds I lost, Ugh! I haven’t been writing or sewing or studying my bible or praying (quality prayer, deep fellowship with Jesus). Just Lazy!

It would be real easy for me to make excuses for myself, like… “the fall/winter months will do that to ya! Everyone hits a dry season in their spiritual walk; and the holidays can be somewhat depressing and eating all that starchy, heavy food during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hmm! Although, now that I think about it; there may be some validity. Seriously, though; I just allowed the spirit of laziness to take over and hinder my progress in the Kingdom of God. I came up slack on all three levels: Spiritually, Physically, and Mentally. Thank God, I didn’t become a monster with hateful emotions. I just chose to be… lazy; which is a sin and never good for anyone.

Proverbs 6: 6 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! 7 Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, 8 they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. 9 But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? 10 A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— 11 then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.

Song of Solomon 2: 15 Catch all the foxes, those little foxes, before they ruin the vineyard of love, for the grapevines are blossoming!

These particular scripture verses reminds me to be careful; be aware of those little things that could possibly pull me away from my love (Christ). Even though my actions came up short, He was in my heart and mind and I love Him; not to the degree that He loves me, of course… in my final day of reckoning, I will “get it” fully. So for now, I’d rather focus on His love for me. It’s His love that encourages me to be more like Him, it’s His love that has picked me up out of my lazy-slump. Time to be about my Father's business, I'll tell you more about it next week.


Love and Blessings xo

No comments:

Post a Comment