Sunday, August 17, 2014

Back At It Again

Hey Everyone,

Hope all is well with you and your family. Over the summer I did not blog AT ALL, but I did enjoy my time off. When I worked at Walmart, I can recall wishing to have a schedule like the school teachers had, but I knew that I wasn't going to be a school teacher, so therefore that wasn't going to happen. Unbeknownst to me God had a plan to give me my hearts desire, LOL. I didn't have to be a Teacher, but a School Bus Driver would be the way to go.

Believe it or not, I missed seeing my kids over the summer, so when it was time to go back I was ready. This new school year has brought many changes; 5 of the kids graduated, 6 moved away, 3 are being home schooled, 1 changed schools and I only gained 4 new students... 2 of them are PRE-K, need I say more. My student count has dwindled from 40-45 kids to 29 kids, I have a small bus load, yeah.


Well two weeks have passed, the first week was easy-peasy lemon squeezy, but the second week was like 'the dead has arisen' LOL, but it was nothing that the Lord and I couldn't handle. I've started my reward system again for my young elementary school kids, they get a little blow pop for good behavior everyday, this is especially helpful with my Pre-K kids. During my second week, one of my Pre-K's had yet to earn a lollipop, until Friday.

When I arrived at his stop I said, "good job, you earned yourself a pop today" the look on his face was priceless, he was shocked, he didn't have the words to say thank you, so you know what he did? he laid himself on me and hugged me. It's moments like that, that make me really love what I do and yes, I realize that it is a "MOMENT" and that we will start this dance all over again come Monday, but that's alright.

For me it's about growing in the grace of our Lord Jesus and being the best example of Christ that I can be.

Blessings to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment