Monday, December 16, 2013

NO FEAR...JUST FAITH PT. 2


Ephesian 6:16 In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.



Hebrews 11:1-3 What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. God gave His approval  to people in days of old because of their faith. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen. (NLT)


Hey Everyone,

There was so much to say about Fear and Faith that there had to be a Part 2. Through out the scriptures we are reminded to 'fear not' or 'don't worry' or 'lose heart'. Those words can bring us comfort and joy because it's true and Jesus said it, as followers of Christ we must constantly remind ourselves of all that Jesus has accomplished for us. Sometimes we live our lives as if Jesus is still up on the cross, don't forget about His death, burial and resurrection and the fact that He is now seated at the right hand of the Father and making intercession (praying) for us.

In my lifetime I've come to understand that this faith walk (living by faith) builds my confidence in Jesus, this faith in Christ crushes my dependancy on self and my on abilities which are constrained (I can only go so far). It's natural for us to want to control every aspect of our being, but the reality is it's not going to happen and I can give you three reasons as to why it's not going to happen, we are not omnipotent, omniscient or omnipresent, but we do serve a God a Father who is. We don't know what's best for us, we are limited in knowledge, we can't see into the next minute, and we are weak because we all have a sin nature within in us. As a believer in Christ I do have Holy Spirit living within me, but I still have a evil (sin) nature that I must contend with.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Every obstacle or trial that we encounter  is an opportunity to develop our faith, but if we're not careful we will let fear snuff it out.  It's essential  for us to know what God has to say about our particular situation and to trust that He has a plan and a purpose, we must stay close to God (seek Him, pray, meditate on His Word) so that He can guide us in the direction He would have for us to go. When I quit my job in 2012, it took faith because it wasn't logical, I didn't have another job to go to and I'm sure some people may have thought I was foolish and I even questioned it myself, but faith doesn't require me to make sense of it all, it only requires trusting God.

In February of 2012 my Dad passed away, in my eyes he demonstrated a great deal of faith. No matter what the doctor said concerning his health, he didn't let that slow him down, he kept living his life and going where he wanted to go. He never stopped singing praises to God and he didn't miss a Sunday Service, until it was close to time for him to go be with our Lord Jesus. When he was placed in hospice it was a shock to a lot of people, they didn't realize how sick he really was and that's because his faith was sustaining him through his sickness. He didn't complain about how he felt, he was always FINE and he would talk and joke with you, that was his way. There is a lot that I could say about my Dad, but I'm going to reserve that for my mother who will be the Guest Blogger in February.

Until Next Time...Keep The Faith and remember You Are Blessed!

(please feel free to share or leave a comment)









No comments:

Post a Comment