Monday, December 23, 2013

TELL THE TRUTH. SHAME THE DEVIL

Hugh Latimer a preacher, who was burned at the stake for his involvement of trying to get the bible translated into English is credited with coining the phrase "say the truth and shame the devil", that was back in 1555. (Christianity.com)

WHAT IS TRUTH?



John 8:44 For you are the children of your father the Devil, and you love to do evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning and has always hated the truth. There is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and a father of lies. (NLT)


John 14:6 Jesus said, I AM... the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

Jesus is Truth, He is the reality of God's promises, the Messiah, the Saviour, and King.

When I was in my early 20's, I was saved, but my mind had not been renewed/transformed yet (that is a daily process). Some of the television programs that I watched had couples - "unmarried" couples living together and to me that was no big deal, it was NORMAL. After I met my children's father, we decided to live together, because that was NORMAL, right? Well, anyway I was told by someone that - "it was not something that I should do" - "that it wasn't a good idea", but they didn't tell me why. Could I buy into the fact that it was wrong, (yes and no). Let me try to clarify, this person was telling me a truth, but I perceived it as THEIR TRUTH, so therefore it had no power in my life (because it didn't reference Jesus/God), now if they had said, God said, this, this, and that .... now that's a GOD TRUTH that has power which leads to conviction, but the choice was still mine to make. I hope that made sense.

After two years, the relationship ended, Michael was born and Jessica was on the way and I had moved back home. Some years had passed and I began to study God's word and I came across this big word in the bible, "fornication" I could see that God didn't like it but I didn't know what it meant, so I looked it up -  "sexual relations between two people who are not married" Gasp! Now, I'm aware that I had been sinning against God and I didn't even know it. Well, I couldn't undo what had been done, but I could learn and grow from the experience and share this truth with others.

"Right Believing leads to Right Living" when you believe right, you live right.
- Joseph Prince

As followers of Christ we need to help one another by sharing God's truth, but it must always be mingled with love. We don't share this truth to condemn or shame but it is to lift up, edify. encourage and motivate right living. Joseph Prince says, "right believing leads to right living". So many of us hold back our testimony of what God has done in our lives and in essence we rob God of His Glory and we empower Satan.

Someone needs to hear that you have been delivered from drugs, alcohol, sexual sin, cursing, lying, cancer, etc. Be that mouthpiece that says God is "no respecter of persons, if God did it for me, He can do it for you" - "If God delivered me, He can deliver you", our testimony brings HOPE to those that our struggling and tangled up in sin. Don't just tell them that 'God is able' when you've got a testimony locked up within your spirit, that testifies of His delivering power. Remember that our words are not to condemn but to love people back into their rightful position in Christ, now those that are not saved/born again, I encourage you to receive the gift of Salvation that has been provided for you through Jesus, read John 3:16; Romans 10:9.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!
- A Few Good Men

Tell the Truth and shame the Devil, the Devil would like nothing more than to keep us in the dark and silent and ignorant to the truths of God. "Ignorance Is Bliss" as I get older I can see that ignorance is not 'always' bliss. Break the law and find out what happens, you can plead ignorance ("your Honor I didn't know") if you want to, but you still have to deal with the consequences of your actions/choices. We can't afford to keep lollygagging through life as if  we have no one to answer to, our time here is just like vapor (fog or smoke), it is fleeting.

James 5:16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.

Christ has made it possible for us to go directly to God for forgiveness, but confessing our sins to one another still has an important place in the life of believers. If we need loving support as we struggle with a sin we should confess those sins to those that are able to provide that support. (NLT Study Bible)

Revelation 12:10-13 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, "It has happened at last - the salvation and power and kingdom of our God, and the authority of Christ! For the accuser has been thrown down to earth - the one who accused our brothers and sisters before our God day and night. And they have defeated him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of their testimony. And they were not afraid to die. Rejoice, O heavens! And you who live in the heavens, rejoice! But terror will come on the earth and the sea. For the Devil has come down to you in great anger, and he knows that he has little time."

Remember Until Next Time... You Are Blessed!

(Please feel free to Share of Comment)


No comments:

Post a Comment