Friday, July 3, 2015

31-DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - Day 1

Day 1 Into & Recent Pic

Hey Everyone, I came across this 31-Day Blog Challenge and I thought it might be fun… well not at first. As I read through the questions I felt slightly intimidated---you see, my mind has been wandering aimlessly as of late, I’ve been unfocused and forgetful… way more than usual, which is, a little disturbing.

“A man's mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must, and will, bring forth. If no useful seeds are put into it, then an abundance of useless weed seeds will fall therein, and will continue to produce their kind.” 
― James Allen, As a Man Thinketh

This challenge will be kind of like the show “Brain Games”. Have you seen it? I tried watching it the first couple of times it came on. It gave me a headache, talk about sensory overload, it was just too much stimulation for me---my brain couldn’t take it. But now I think I’m up for it, two seasons of “Brain Games” is on Netflix and I’m determined to watch it.

New Glasses and shorter hair.
What’s challenging about this challenge? Well, it forces me to roll through my rolodex of memories, yeah I’m old school. This challenge is going to push me out of my comfort zone and make me more transparent and relatable. I believe my creativity will begin to flourish and that I will gain more confidence as I write. I really like writing--- I just don’t do enough of it. With this challenge I’m also compelled to meet a daily deadline... okay confession--- I’m already two days late. Eeek!

2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind (NKJV)

I have another confession; I like writing because I have a difficult time expressing myself verbally. I know what I want to say, but my thinking gets all jumbled up and I wine up butchering my words to death; trying to relay a thought can be a real struggle at times and it’s embarrassing. The final thing about this challenge is to have fun with it… and I will.


If any of you are up for this challenge please feel free to join in, leave a comment below or on my FB Page. 

Until next time… Love & Blessings xo

No comments:

Post a Comment