Thursday, March 12, 2015

JOURNEY... CONTINUES

Hey Everyone, Yesterday was the last day of my "40 Day Journey". There were quiet a few rainy days on this journey, literally and figuratively.


Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

It is my desire to honor God with my entire being... Mind, Body & Spirit. I usually falter in one area and remain strong in another, but I would like for all three to be cohesive, it's not impossible, just takes more discipline and commitment and help from Holy Spirit. The most valuable thing I learned was, as long as I keep the love of Christ in my heart; that my true, authentic self would be revealed to others. It should be every Christian’s goal to be more like Jesus.

There’s this quote that says, “Telling someone to be themselves is not always the best advice”. That is so true, if we're not grounded in Christ, things can get ugly real quick, being a Disciple/Follower of Christ requires us denying ourselves and usually that's the one thing we don't want to do, even the most laid back easy going person can get his or her feather's ruffled from time to time. I, myself have been know to throw a temper tantrum or two in the face of God, pouting and crying because I didn't want to do the right Christian thing, mainly because it inconvenienced me. We should never let pride come between us and Jesus.

The love of Jesus has brought me a long way and I say that not in comparison to someone else but in comparison to Jesus and His Holy Word only. He has brought so much joy, peace. patience, and self-control into my life, which can be interrupted or refashioned into something dreadful at the drop of a hat if I'm not careful... careful to guard my heart. Please know that I say this not to boast in myself, but to boast in my Lord and Savior.

If we continue to guard our hearts and think on things that are right, lovely and pure, those challenges that we face won't be as difficult as we make them out to be. God has given us His Spirit through Christ Jesus to live a VICTORIOUS life, we only need to yield to Him. Does that make the Christian journey any easier? Of course not, it may even require your life... literally require your life, but it should already be purposed in every Believers heart and mind, that He's worth dying for. When He took our sins upon Himself and died in our place, He did it because we were worth it. Know your worth!

***UPDATE: This 40 Day Journey was a fasting of my MIND, BODY & SPIRIT. One of the things that I want to get in order is my finances, I only have one debt and I want to pay that off within three years. It will be difficult, but not impossible;  I'm also trusting that I will get a part-time job to accompany the one I already have. I've got my crochet business (one woman operation), I'm grateful for what I was able to accomplish last year with a lot of help from my sister. My overall health is important to me, I want to be physically able to do all I can for the Kingdom of God and it is my desire to stay steadfast in the word of God and prayer. I will do all that I can and let God do the rest. Until next time...

Love & Blessings xo

No comments:

Post a Comment