Tuesday, July 21, 2015

31 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 13

Day 13 - Top Of My Bucket List

Hey Everyone!

PARIS... Paris would be at the top of my bucket list and if I could, I would explore all of Europe. That would be a dream come true. In my mind I've visited the "city of light" many times.

Here are some links worth checking out...

Rick Steves Europe - Paris
Samantha Brown Passport to Europe - Paris
Christophe Roussel - Chocolatier



There is so much rich history in Paris. The Nazi's bombing France and seizing Paris as a trophy and symbol for the beginning world dominance, plundering and killing needlessly only to have Britain retaliate under the leadership of Winston Churchill who said in so many words, "I was born for this time", matter of fact there is a documentary on Churchill that it called "Walking With Destiny". If you ever get the chance to read his bio, you would probably agree.

But it wasn't until after our own country was attacked at Pearl Harbor that President Roosevelt joined allies with Britain to overthrown Hitler. We know this as WWII (6 years of war). Why is it that evil men want to take over the world; Alexander the Great... Ghengis Kahn... Napoleon... I didn't mean to turn this into a history lesson. Why couldn't I have been this studious when I was in High School? I deplored history and geography with all of its dates and so on, now I devour it with pleasure.

Ester 4:14 For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (NKJV)

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)

Proverbs 20:14 A man's steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way? (ESV)

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (ESV)

Until Next Time... Love & Blessings xo

No comments:

Post a Comment