Monday, February 3, 2014

Are You Ready To Be Blessed?





LOVE DISCIPLINE


Hey Everyone,

Hope all is well with you and your family. Just sitting here thinking about the wonderful time I had at the,Meet & Greet in ATLANTA on Sunday with Mimi Goodwin, my absolute favorite blogger and some other young women who are living their life "on purpose and for a purpose" and might I add that their efforts and successes are unto the Lord (they give God the Glory and the Credit), it was my pleasure to be in the same room with them.

Mimi shared her own personal struggles and trials with us, it was truly inspiring and uplifting to see what God has done in her life. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, So Gracious, Sweet and Humble. Her testimonial is proof of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. How can you not be happy for her?

This made me reflect on a time in my life many, many, many years ago, when I was in my 20's and not as WISE as I am now, LOL. There was a season when I was no ones cheerleader. I know, sad right and it was sad; and there's a name for those people---HATERS... the only difference was I didn't slam you, I just wasn't happy for you. God had to bring some correction in my life concerning my 'Inward Atittude' and this is what I received from Him: "You will not be blessed until you learn how to be happy for those that I have blessed. You are not ready for what I have for you." 

Matthew 5:45b For He gives His sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and the unjust too. NLT

"YOU ARE NOT READY" Wow!! Does that mean I was not blessed? Of course not, I was blessed, just not in the fullness of being blessed. I was not accessing the abundant life that He had for me, my attitude was keeping me from that. I had to change my way of thinking; so I had to kinda "FAKE IT TIL I MADE IT". Some of you may be thinking that's not going to work or that I was not genuine. Truth is, it did work and it was not easy and I was not genuine, but it was necessary. "Life and Death is in the power of the tongue", the more I spoke/expressed happiness for that individual; where there was death, life began to come back to me and with the help of Holy Spirit, I was able to break through my flesh/evil nature that wanted to keep me in that bondage. Now, I'm one of those CHEERLEADERS, jumping up and down, shouting Yay!!! Loving everything that God is doing for them.

That's only one of many things that God has corrected me on. What about you? Has God brought some things to your attention that you continue to ignore? Don't let your flesh rule, why follow after something that is dying, literally. Let the Kingdom of God rule in your heart. Learn to love discipline, since I've been putting that into practice, I've been experiencing more of His abundant blessings in my life. Correction doesn't feel good---it makes you/me better---for His sake and ultimately ours.


Hebrews 12:5-12 NLT
5 And have you entirely forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you, his children? He said, "My child, don't ignore it when the Lord disciplines you, and don't be discouraged when he corrects you. 6 For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes those he accepts as his children." 7 As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Whoever heard of a child who was never disciplined? 8 If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children after all.9 Since we respect our earthly fathers who disciplined us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to the discipline of our heavenly Father and live forever 10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God's discipline is always right and good for us because it means we will share in his holiness. 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening -- it is painful! But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. 12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs.


Blessing To You!

No comments:

Post a Comment